The plan is to use your ratings to produce the the first Reader Top 10 later this summer so please go through and enter your ratings for the wines you like or don't like!
This Week's Deals:
Be on the lookout for the Kirkland Signature Châteauneuf-du-Pape now in stock at some Costco locations. At $19.99 it's one of the few affordable and generally quite good CdP in our price range.
This Week's Discussions on The Reverse Wine Snob Facebook page:
How much do scores influence your purchase decision? This one was prompted by the excellent 90+ Cellars Malbec we reviewed last week. Add your opinion on the Facebook page.
We also discussed your favorite region for Cabernet Sauvignon, prompted by the review of the Stonewalker Cabernet from South Africa. It looks like Napa Valley is the favorite despite the difficulty in staying under $20. Have a different favorite? Visit the Facebook page and leave your comment. (And don't forget to like the page while you're there!) Also, I'll have a Five Favorites post on California Cabernet coming up in a couple weeks.
This Week's Most Popular Posts:
- 90+ Cellars Lot 23 Old Vine Malbec 2010 - Magnificent Malbec
- Vina Eguia Rioja Reserva 2007 - Bulk Buy Alert...Run, Don't Walk To Get This Wine!
- Brooks Amycas 2009 - Chips and Guac Anyone?
Since starting The Reverse Wine Snob about 16 months ago a few other sites have asked to adapt my scoring system for their site. My readers based in Brazil will want to check the the latest one out. Primus Vinho is a new Brazilian based blog using the Reverse Wine Snob scoring system with a Cost Rating adapted to their own market.
After much thought, I've decided to open the site up to a small amount of advertising. While I'm still not doing this to make money (I'd be pretty foolish if I was!) as the site has grown I have started to incur some expenses. To offset that I am now offering the ability to "Sponsor a Post". This can take one of two forms.
- The simplest is basically just a small ad for the sponsor inside the post. See Friday's Echelon Red Blend post for an example.
- The other form is actually a post written by the sponsor (and approved by me) on the site. I did one of these early on when the site started and am now opening this opportunity back up. These will be carefully screened to make sure they are relevant and would appeal to my readers.
Lastly, it seems my creativity failed me in trying to come up with a name for these weekly posts. The "Weekly Wrap-Up" just feels so generic. Got a better idea? Leave a comment!
That's a wrap, thanks for reading!
Click through to the individual wines to find the full reviews including a link with local retailers who carry each wine. Cheers!