The other big news this week was the new Top 10 list published on Friday. Going forward I have split out one Top 10 list for Red Wines and another for Whites and Rosés. Each month I will alternate which one I update. Please share these lists with your friends as they seem to be a really great way to spread the message of this site: You don't have to spend a lot to get great wine!
This Week's Deals:
I didn't spot any great deals this week, did you? Leave a comment here or on the RWS Facebook page if you see a great deal.
This Week's Discussions on The Reverse Wine Snob Facebook page:
Lots of discussion over the best way to preserve wine when you don't finish the bottle:
- While many of my readers claim to never encounter this problem, among those that do, the Vacu-Vin seems to be the most popular choice.
- Argon gas systems like Vineyard Fresh came in second.
- I use both systems myself, but if I'm leaving the wine for more than a day, I'll always use the Vineyard Fresh. Two quick bursts and voila. It's especially great for screw tops.
- The easiest method if you're only drinking half the bottle is to simply fill a 375ml bottle with half the wine and then put the cork in it. Thanks to the very limited exposure to oxygen it'll last for a very long time, no pumps or gas needed.
This Week's Most Popular Posts:
- Top 10 White Wines Under $20 - The Reverse Wine Snob June 2012 Edition
- Leone d'Oro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano 2008 - I Smell Bacon!! from Lot18
- Kirkland Signature Rutherford Napa Valley Meritage 2010 - An Annual Bulk Buy
I read this great article on the definition of "natural" wine. It gets rather into the weeds of winemaking, but was really enlightening as it explores the question of where and how do you draw the line on what is "natural", and does it really matter anyway?
That's it for this week and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!
Click through to the individual wines to find the full reviews including a link with local retailers who carry each wine. Cheers!
Sponsor a Post on The Reverse Wine Snob!