SRP of $16 and available for as low as $12. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
“Story: Bubbles are for celebrating, but you can celebrate with these pink bubbles any day! This is a traditional dry sparkling Rose wine that will add a little color to any toast or gathering of friends.
Taste: Pale pink in color, with a charming effervescence. This bubbly is elegantly fruity with notes of strawberries, passion fruit, and rose petals. Fresh and clean with pleasant acidity, this is a sparkling wine that will make any occasion a jovial one.
Prosecco, which is officially a region and not a grape (as of a few years ago), is made from the Glera grape. It is produced primarily in the Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia regions in Italy. In the early 2000’s it caught hold in the U.S. market and has become quite popular.
Since Prosecco is a green grape, you may be wondering how today’s wine can be a rosé. That happens thanks to the addition of a small amount of Merlot which makes this wine somewhat of a rarity in the U.S. market, but it also really helps it to stand out from the crowd.
The 90 Plus Cellars Lot 49 Sparkling Rosé begins with a really beautiful aroma of strawberries, watermelon jello before you refrigerate it (ah, the good old days!) and flowers. The wine tastes delicious! It’s not too sweet but has plenty of fruit — primarily strawberry, bing cherry and a little apple. This crisp and fresh wine also has good acidity and just the right amount of bubbles. The addition of Merlot adds a fun and interesting twist to a super easy to drink wine that would be fabulous for your Holiday table!
Other wines in the Holiday Sparklers 2012 series:
- Le Grand Courtage Blanc De Blancs Brut
- Douglas Green The Beach House Sparkling Wine – A Sweet and Fruity Holiday Sparkler.
- Vovetti Prosecco – A Popular Italian Sparkler
- Segura Viudas Reserva Heredad Cava – A Holiday Sparkler Sure To Impress
- Freixenet Elyssia Gran Cuvee Brut – Champagne By Another Name
- Cantine Maschio Prosecco Brut – Nutty, Fruity and Good. Holiday Sparklers 2012.
- Enza Prosecco – A Festive Holiday Sparkler!
- Anna de Codorniu Cava Brut – Crazy for Cava
- Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Pink Moscato – A Super Sweet Holiday Sparkler
Also check out the 12 recommended sparkling wines from last year’s series!
See a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.