100% Prosecco (Glera) from Treviso, Veneto, Italy.
SRP of $13 and available for as low as $10. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
“AROMA: White peach and orange blossoms.
TASTE: Fruit forward, with peach and almond flavors.
PAIRINGS: Lighter dishes and seafood; perfect as an apertif.
SERVE AT: 42 – 56 F.
A sparkling wine with an inviting mousse. Best enjoyed at refrigerated temperatures.
This is our second featured Prosecco from Treviso, Italy today. (Find the first here.) And while both of today’s wines are made from the same grape and come from the same area, they both have a unique taste.
The Cantine Maschio Prosecco Brut begins with a light, delicate aroma of peach, citrus and a little almond extract. Tasting the wine reveals a fruity wine featuring delicious flavors of peach and citrus just like the bouquet and an wonderful nutty character as well. It ends with good length and light nutty notes that last for a surprisingly long time. Another excellent Prosecco!
Other wines in the Holiday Sparklers 2012 series:
- Le Grand Courtage Blanc De Blancs Brut – Holiday Sparklers 2012
- 90 Plus Cellars Lot 49 Sparkling Rosé – Beautiful (Pink) Bubbles.
- Douglas Green The Beach House Sparkling Wine – A Sweet and Fruity Holiday Sparkler.
- Vovetti Prosecco – A Popular Italian Sparkler
- Segura Viudas Reserva Heredad Cava – A Holiday Sparkler Sure To Impress
- Freixenet Elyssia Gran Cuvee Brut – Champagne By Another Name
- Enza Prosecco – A Festive Holiday Sparkler!
- Anna de Codorniu Cava Brut – Crazy for Cava
- Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Pink Moscato – A Super Sweet Holiday Sparkler
Overall Rating: 7.3
Like The Reverse Wine Snob on Facebook!