|A standout in the crowd of under $10 Pinot Grigio.|
Pinot Grigio from California.
SRP of $10 and available widely for around $8. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
"The 2011 Pinot Grigio from McManis Family Vineyards is pale straw in color. The nose is filled with grapefruit and lemon, which are joined by subtle notes of melon, pear and flint. The wine is rich, yet retains a remarkable crispness. As eluded to in the nose, citrus flavors are abundant, and mingle with pear and apple. The finish is clean, full of fruit and leaves you wanting another drink.The 2011 McManis Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio begins with pleasant aromas of grapefruit, lemon and slate plus a hint of honeysuckle. The wine tastes fresh and clean with lots of citrus and pear plus a little honey. A nice thick texture, good balance and good acidity make this wine stand out from the crowd of $10 and under Pinot Grigio. It ends with lots of lingering lemon as well as some long lasting slate notes. This one is hard to beat for the price!
The majority of fruit for our 2011 Pinot Grigio came from our River Junction vineyard. Our Pinot Grigio is picked fairly early in the ripening process in order to encourage citrus flavors and acid balance. The grapes are picked at night so they come to the winery cold. After crushing, the resulting must is pressed immediately and the wine is cold fermented in stainless steel until dry.
Other recommended wines from McManis Family Vineyards:
- McManis Family Vineyards Barbera 2011 - A Little Bit of Italy Right Here in America.
- McManis Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 - An Everyday Cabernet.
- McManis Family Vineyards Pinot Noir 2010 - Hunt For The Best Pinot Noir Under $20.
- McManis Family Vineyards Viognier 2011 - Don't Call It A Comeback.
- McManis Zinfandel 2010 - An Easy-Drinking and Well-Balanced Zin.
- McManis Family Vineyards Petite Sirah 2010 - Smoky Blackberry and Toffee.
- McManis Family Vineyards Malbec 2010 - Malbec Mania! Search For The Best Malbec Under $20.
- Jack Tone Vineyards Red Wine Bottle Blend 3 Liter Bag In Box - Breaking Into The Box.
- Jack Tone Vineyards White Wine Bottle Blend 3 Liter Bag In Box - Breaking Into The Box (Part Two).
Buy this wine online from our featured sponsor Marketview Liquor or see a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.
Taste Rating: 7 Cost Rating: 9
Overall Rating: 7.5
Find out more about my rating system and check out the Wine Ranking to find all my reviews! You can sort by type of wine, cost, rating, etc. in the interactive database.
Advertise on The Reverse Wine Snob!