|Loco for Lodi Wine #5.|
77% Zinfandel and 23% Petite Sirah from Lodi, California.
SRP of $13 and available for as low as $10. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
"For over 30 years, wine connoisseurs have trusted Ravenswood to deliver bold, classically crafted wines of exceptional quality and soul. Our Lodi wine showcases one of the finest wine-growing regions in California. This intense Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel, made from low-yielding vines, bursts with concentrated sweet plum, blueberry and spice flavors.Next up in our Loco for Lodi series we go back to Lodi's bread and butter - an Old Vine Zinfandel. And today we selected one from the large, but always reliable producer Ravenswood. We recently covered their Napa Valley Old Vine Zinfandel which is a few dollars more than today's and we loved it. Let's see how the Lodi version stacks up!
The 2010 Ravenswood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel begins with pleasant aromas of black cherry, cola, a little licorice and cedar. The wine tastes super ripe and rich -- I absolutely love it! There's plenty of dark fruit like black cherry, plum and blackberry combined with a big load of spice and a hint of cocoa. The medium-long finish made me pucker a bit. An excellent example of the type of big, rich Zinfandel that is so popular right now.
Wine in the Loco for Lodi Series:
- Uvaggio Vermentino 2011 - Loco for Lodi
- Michael David Winery Petite Petit 2010 - Just Plain Fun To Drink
- Klinker Brick Old Vine Zinfandel 2010 - A Classic Lodi Zin
- Macchia Amorous Sangiovese 2011 - Lovely!
- Ravenswood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel 2010 - Super Ripe and Rich
- Sorelle Winery Bella e Rosa 2012 - More Than Your Typical Rosé
- Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 - A Brilliant Burger Wine
- Sorelle Winery Bellezza Fra Barbera 2011 - A Beauty Of A Barbera
- Gnarly Head Authentic Red 2010 - Ready to Party
Buy this wine online from our featured sponsor Marketview Liquor or see a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.
Taste Rating: 8 Cost Rating: 8
Overall Rating: 8.0