SRP of $15 and available for as low as $10. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
“Born in France…Raised in America. Not all vines are created equal.
Noble Vines 337 is the most coveted Cabernet Sauvignon vine stock in Bordeaux, France. These rare vines are prized for their concentrated flavor and thrive in the red soils and cobblestones of our Lodi vineyard.
This wine exudes seductive aromas of mocha and dark cherry followed by intense flavors of ripe blackberry and spice. Enjoy with savory pasta, pot roast, thick steaks and creamy cheeses.
Throughout this series on the wines of Lodi, California the thing that has stood out the most to me is the sheer variety of wine being made here. Lodi is not just about Zinfandel. From Italian varietals (red and white) to a unique rosé blend to Petite Sirah we’ve begun to see a bit of this area’s breadth. And even today’s wine, good old Cabernet Sauvignon, adds an interesting twist with a special Cabernet clone straight from Bordeaux.
The 2010 Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon begins with very pleasant aromas of ripe blackberry and plum along with a little chocolate and espresso. The wine tastes really delicious with lots of ripe, rich fruit, leather and vanilla plus firm, chewy tannins and just the right amount of spice. That spice intensifies on the dry finish and lasts for a good time while the chocolate and espresso notes also re-surface at the very end. A brilliant match for a burger and it’s just as good on day 2!
Wine in the Loco for Lodi Series:
- Uvaggio Vermentino 2011 – Loco for Lodi
- Michael David Winery Petite Petit 2010 – Just Plain Fun To Drink
- Klinker Brick Old Vine Zinfandel 2010 – A Classic Lodi Zin
- Macchia Amorous Sangiovese 2011 – Lovely!
- Ravenswood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel 2010 – Super Ripe and Rich
- Sorelle Winery Bella e Rosa 2012 – More Than Your Typical Rosé
- Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 – A Brilliant Burger Wine
- Sorelle Winery Bellezza Fra Barbera 2011 – A Beauty Of A Barbera
- Gnarly Head Authentic Red 2010 – Ready to Party
See a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.
Overall Rating: 8.0
Don’t Miss A Recommended Buy! Subscribe to our daily email to get The Reverse Wine Snob in your inbox!