|Loco For Lodi Wine #8|
100% Barbera from Lodi, California.
SRP of $25 and available for as low as $23. Sample submitted for review.
From the winery:
"Bellezza Fra (Beauty Within).Today's wine is the second we've tried from Sorelle Winery in this series after previously reviewing their excellent rosé, which just so happened to contain 50% Barbera. This time we've got a full blown Barbera red, which frankly blew us away and also means it's time for a Saturday Splurge!
Full bodied with forward fruit flavors, ripe cherry and blackberry. Bright acidity balances the elegant tannins. Pairs well with rich pasta sauces and grilled meats.
The 2011 Sorelle Winery Bellezza Fra Barbera begins with aromas of ripe red fruit like cranberry and raspberry as well as fabulous notes of dried herbs and soft spice. Tasting the wine reveals lots of succulent, ripe, rich fruit with wonderful delicate herbal and spice notes. The wine sings across your tongue with a lovely smooth yet lively texture. It ends with more ripe fruit that turns a bit sour along with more savory herbal notes that continue for a good long time. An awesome wine that is an absolute pleasure to drink!
Wine in the Loco for Lodi Series:
- Uvaggio Vermentino 2011 - Loco for Lodi
- Michael David Winery Petite Petit 2010 - Just Plain Fun To Drink
- Klinker Brick Old Vine Zinfandel 2010 - A Classic Lodi Zin
- Macchia Amorous Sangiovese 2011 - Lovely!
- Ravenswood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel 2010 - Super Ripe and Rich
- Sorelle Winery Bella e Rosa 2012 - More Than Your Typical Rosé
- Noble Vines 337 Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 - A Brilliant Burger Wine
- Sorelle Winery Bellezza Fra Barbera 2011 - A Beauty Of A Barbera
- Gnarly Head Authentic Red 2010 - Ready to Party
See a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.
Find out more about my rating system and check out the Wine Ranking to find all my reviews! You can sort by type of wine, cost, rating, etc. in the interactive database.
Like The Reverse Wine Snob on Facebook and add our page to your circles on Google+!