In addition we were once again named #5 on the list of top 24 social media influencers in the entire wine industry with a Klout score of 80! #1 on the list was Jancis Robinson. Check it out here! (December 2014)
Also, The Reverse Wine Snob is coming to a bookstore near you! "Thumbing Your Nose At Bottles Over $20: The Reverse Wine Snob's Guide to Buying Cheap, Quality Wine" to be published by Skyhorse Publishing Spring 2015.
Sample Policy Updated 7/16/2013
When I started this site, I have to admit, I was not totally on board with accepting samples for review. After receiving a few (it's really hard to turn down free wine) I changed my tune. The reason is simple -- wineries, PR firms, and distributors have sent me wine that I've loved and I never would have found on my own. In many cases I think my readers will love this wine too and it therefore deserves a shout-out.
So now The Reverse Wine Snob
If you choose to submit samples, please note a few things:
- Your wine will be clearly labeled as a free sample sent in for review purposes in the review.
- Value (Cost) ratings will be based on the lowest retailer price for that wine, not SRP. (My readers tend to be savvy shoppers who can find good deals.) This also means you're safe submitting wines with an SRP up to about $25.
- You may also submit wines with an SRP over $25 for the "Saturday Splurge" series. These will not be rated on our normal scale, but if we like them they will get a "Saturday Splurge" recommendation.
- Even though I will use actual retail prices for the ratings, please include the SRP of the wines you are sending along with printed tech sheets for each wine! If you include a sticker on the bottle with pertinent info (always helpful) please put it on the back so it does not obscure our bottle shot.
- Taste ratings will be judged as always and no preference will be given for samples.
- Acceptance of a sample does not guarantee a favorable review, or that any review at all will be given. I tend to only review wines that I recommend.
- If you do send me wine, I encourage you to send me the tracking info for your shipment. I'd hate to have your samples sent back due to missed deliveries or other mishaps. And if you have the option, we greatly prefer that you ship via Fedex.
- As temperatures heat up over the summer, I strongly recommend that you do not ship in July and August. If you must, please contact me prior to shipping.
- I encourage you to take a look at my Rating System to determine if your wine is a good fit for my site.
- And finally, as noted above, we also accept samples and offers of wine related products, food and travel. While we may not review these products in their own stand-alone post, we often can work them into an upcoming feature and share them on our social media channels if we like them. (Offers of wine related travel are ideally for two people -- while I'm the writer and primary reviewer, my better half also helps with the reviews and is the photographer.) Contact me for details.
Some info on the site:
See my Stats! You can check out the number of pageviews, visitors and unique visitors in the last month per Google Analytics here. Our high visitor count makes us one of the most visited wine blogs on the web!
Daily Twitter Reach: Over 175,000 accounts and 600,000+ impressions
Weekly Facebook Reach: Over 40,000 people
Daily Pinterest Impressions: Over 10,000
Content views on Google+: Over 40,000,000
Also check out the profile of The Reverse Wine Snob on Business Insider: This Guy Made His Name Finding Stellar Wines For Under $20 And He's About To Spill His Secrets
More recent media mentions:
January 2015 - The Reverse Wine Snob moves up 3 spots on the VinePair Wine Web Power Index to number #5! The Index is a ranking of the most influential wine websites and puts us ahead of many of the biggest names in the wine industry!
December 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob is once again named #5 on the list of top social media influencers in the entire wine industry, maintaining the #5 ranking from the April 2014 update!
July 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob is profiled at Snooth.
June 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob is featured in the San Jose Mercury News as well as at Grape Collective!
June 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob is a finalist in the 2014 Wine Blog Awards for "Best Wine Reviews"! Winners will be announced in July.
June 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob named #8 on the 1st Half 2014 edition of the VinePair Wine Web Power Index, a ranking of the most influential wine websites! This moved us up four spots from the previous ranking and puts us right behind JancisRobinson.com at #7 and ahead of sites like eRobertParker at #9 and Cellar Tracker at #10!
May 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob is coming to a bookstore near you! "Thumbing Your Nose At Bottles Over $20: The Reverse Wine Snob's Guide to Buying Cheap, Quality Wine" to be published by Skyhorse Publishing Spring 2015.
May 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob is profiled as a "Wine Change Agent" at the Crushed Wine App blog!
April 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob named #5 on the list of top 24 social media influencers in the entire wine industry!
March 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob named as a factor driving The Democratization of Wine by Branding Magazine!
February 2014 - The Reverse Wine Snob named Best Wine Blog by The Savory!
January 2014 - Silkbush Mountain Vineyards Blog: Reverse Wine Snobbery and Wine Supply Chain Economics.
December 2013 - The Reverse Wine Snob named #12 on the 2013 edition of the VinePair Wine Web Power Index, a ranking of the most influential wine websites!