That’s right, the legendary WTSO Cheapskate Marathon is back in just a few short days! Get ready to block off your calendars because for 18 hours on July 14 (6am to midnight ET), the deals will be fast and furious. With all wines priced between $7.99 and $18.99 this special sale is right up our alley.
Here’s how it works. A new deal will be offered every 15 minutes (or sooner if the previous wine sells out). In a typical WTSO Cheapskate Marathon over 100 different wines are offered! In addition to the discounted prices, all purchases of 4 or more of bottles of the same wine qualify for FREE SHIPPING!
Of course you may be wondering just what types of wine are offered and at how big of a discount but before we get to that let’s get one common misconception out of the way — the wines offered in the WTSO Cheapskate Marathon are not overstock wine, or wines reaching the end of their lifetime. All wines are indeed discounted, but each is carefully selected by the WTSO (WinesTilSoldOut) team.
So how do they sell such good wine at such a deep discount you may ask? It’s simple — because wines are offered for a very limited time, wineries are willing to have their product featured at a discount in order to gain exposure and new fans, with the hope that after falling in love with their wine you’ll be willing to buy it in the future at less of a discount. (Why grab something cheap at the store and hope that it’s good when you can pay a bit more and get something you already know you love.)
That out of the way, let’s take a look at some of the legendary deals. Remember the 2006 Bodegas Ondarre Rioja Reserva that we gave a Bulk Buy rating to at $12? You could have picked it up for an astounding $8.99 in last year’s WTSO Cheapskate Marathon. Or how about just $15.99 for the Eden Road ‘The Long Road’ Shiraz which we also gave a Bulk Buy rating. Of course those past deals are all well and good, but what about this year, right?
While I can’t tell you exactly all the wines that will be included in this year’s WTSO Cheapskate Marathon, here are a few examples to peak your interest:
- The Fattoria Vignavecchia Chianti Classico Riserva 2009 at 59% off.
- The Territorial Vineyards & Wine Company Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2012 at 46% off.
- The Havens 2012 Bourriquot Oakville Napa Valley Red at 66% off.
- The DeLoach Winemaker’s Reserve Sonoma Coast Chardonnay 2012 at 60% off.
- The Les Quatre Tours ‘Classique’ Provence Rose 2014 at 45% off.
And lastly, remember yesterday’s feature on Garnacha from Carinena? Why not try some yourself! WTSO will be offering the 2012 Vina Viejas de Paniza for just $9.99 in the July 14th Marathon. That’s a 45% discount.
So how do you get in on this deal? It’s easy…simply click on this link and create a free account. You’ll then get a notification of this and future sales; however — and this is important — because their deals sell out so fast there are no email or mobile notifications the day of the sale! Your best bet on sale day is to either follow WTSO on Twitter (which is the one spot with real time notifications of the wines on sale) or to just regularly check WTSO.com or their Apple or Android mobile apps. (Remember when I said you’re going to want to block your schedule off on the 14th? I meant it.)
And lastly, here are some more tips to make the most of the WTSO Cheapskate Marathon:
- If you’re new to WTSO you’ll want to login and setup your account and payment method beforehand so you don’t lose precious time on the 14th.
- Be sure to check out when you see an offer you want, if you let the items sit in your cart they’ll be gone and you’ll be crying into an empty wine glass.
- If you live in a hot area be sure to take advantage of the future ship date functionality when checking out. Your wine will be held in a climate controlled facility until the date you specify.
- On the off chance that you don’t fall in love with a wine you buy, WTSO has your back with their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.