When I started this site, I have to admit, I was not totally on board with accepting samples for review. After receiving a few (it's really hard to turn down free wine) I changed my tune. The reason is simple -- wineries, PR firms, and distributors have sent me wine that I've loved and I never would have found on my own. In many cases I think my readers will love this wine too and it therefore deserves a shout-out.
So now Reverse Wine Snob accepts actively encourages the submission of wine samples as well as offers of wine related travel because there's no better way to get to know a wine than to travel to the place where it is made!
If you choose to submit samples, please note a few things:
- Your wine will be clearly labeled as a sample sent in for review purposes in the review.
- Value (Cost) ratings will be based on the lowest retailer price for that wine, not SRP. (My readers tend to be savvy shoppers who can find good deals.) This also means you're safe submitting wines with an SRP up to about $25 for consideration using our Rating System.
- We also encourage you to submit wines with an SRP over $25 for our "Saturday Splurge" series. These will not be rated on our normal scale, but if we like them they will get a "Saturday Splurge" recommendation.
- Even though I will use actual retail prices for the ratings, please include the SRP of the wines you are sending along with printed tech sheets for each wine! If you include a sticker on the bottle with pertinent info (always helpful) please put it on the back so it does not obscure our bottle shot.
- Taste ratings will be judged as always and no preference will be given for samples.
- Acceptance of a sample does not guarantee a favorable review, or that any review at all will be given. I tend to only review wines that I recommend.
- If you do send me wine, I encourage you to send me the tracking info for your shipment. I'd hate to have your samples sent back due to missed deliveries or other mishaps.
- As temperatures heat up over the summer, I strongly recommend that you do not ship in July and August. If you must, please contact me prior to shipping.
- Sending two bottles of each wine submitted is always helpful but is not required.
- And finally, as noted above, we also accept samples and offers of wine-related products, food and travel. (Offers of wine related travel are ideally for two people -- while I'm the writer and primary reviewer, my better half also helps with the reviews and is the photographer.) Contact me for details.
Interested? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping information!
Some info on the site:
Our high visitor count makes us one of the most visited wine sites on the web with 3.7 million visits in 2020 alone!
Weekly Facebook Reach: 3,500,000
Monthly Twitter Impressions: Over 400,000
Monthly Pinterest Impressions: Over 200,000
Monthly Instagram Impressions: Over 50,000
Check out some of our media mentions here.