90% Sangiovese, 5% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon from Tuscany, Italy. The wine is aged for a total of 12 months in stainless steel with 10% of the wine aged for 6 months in oak. It has residual sugar of 2.5 g/L.
This review is brought to you by CorkExclusive where you can buy wines like the Luiano Chianti Classico for just $15.99 plus get FREE SHIPPING on 3+ bottles (mix&match).
The Luiano Chianti Classico has an SRP of $20. Imported by Opici Wines. Sample submitted for review.
From the importer:
A bold wine that boasts aromas of red berries and subtle nuances of spice. Smaller percentages of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot add finesse, lending soft notes of violets and tea leaves. Round, velvety tannins mark the finish. Enjoy with roasted and grilled meats and game.
The 2014 Luiano Chianti Classico begins with a pleasing aroma of red cherry, perfumed floral notes, a little spice and a hint of tomato plant. Tasting the wine shows it to be smooth with lots of ripe, tart red fruit and even some apple notes. It’s definitely got that characteristic Chianti rusticness but perhaps in a bit fruitier way. Soft, round tannins and good acidity lead into the long, dry finish where more ripe red fruit lingers for a lip-smackingly long time.
Looking for more great Chianti under $20? Find all of our recommendations, plus tips to finding great value, right here.
2014 Luiano Chianti Classico
Find the Luiano Chianti Classico at CorkExclusive for just $15.99 a bottle plus get FREE SHIPPING on 3+ bottles (mix&match).