SRP of $9 and available widely for $8. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
"Col di Sasso, Italian for "Stony Hill", is a cuvée of red grape varieties. Nuances of red berry, cherry and violet are complemented by soft tannins. Pairs with roasted or grilled meats, pasta and cheese.
Today's wine is the first in a new series this week -- $8 Italian Reds!
The 2010 Banfi Col Di Sasso Toscana begins with aromas of black cherry, cola, a little spice and a touch of smoke. This easy to drink and enjoyable wine tastes quite nice and features sweet cherry, plum and smoky overtones with soft tannins and good acidity. All this makes it a great wine to have on hand as it will pair nicely with lots of different foods. On the medium length, dry finish the fruit turns a bit sour and some earthy notes add a nice contrast to the fruit. This wine might be even better on day 2. A solid performer at a fabulous price!
Wine in the $8 Italian Reds Series!
- Wine #1: Banfi Col Di Sasso Toscana 2010 - One Tasty and Food Flexible Tuscan.
- Wine #2: Piccini Chianti 2011 - The Uncomplicated Life.
- Wine #3: Tormaresca Neprica 2010 - A rich, chewy, fruity bomb of goodness.
- Wine #4: Vitiano Rosso 2010 - Cheap and Easy.
- Wine #5: Coltibuono Cetamura Chianti 2011 - The perfect Friday night pizza wine!
- Wine #6: Saladini Pilastri Rosso Piceno 2010 - Saving the best for last!
See a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.