This deal is now expired. Be sure to subscribe to our emails to get in on the next one!
Pinot Noir from Arroyo Seco, Monterey, California.
SRP of $28 and available for as low as $17 at Marketview Liquor. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
“Reliz Creek runs through the Wente’s family estate vineyards in the Arroyo Seco region of Monterey. This sustainably grown Pinot Noir has subtle cherry, earth, and vanilla flavors due to the long, cool growing season and gravelly soils of the Arroyo Seco region. Wente Vineyards, family owned and operated since 1883, is now in its fifth generation of producing extraordinary estate grown wines.
The holidays are coming, which means you need some wine — whether you need it for sharing or for surviving all those family get-togethers, one of our favorite sponsors, Marketview Liquor, is here to help you out with this amazing deal:
This means you can not only get wine like today’s Pinot Noir but also great selections like these recent Bulk Buys and Top 10 picks:
- Murphy-Goode Liars Dice Zinfandel 2011 – Yowza, This Is a Bold, Flavorful Wine!
- 14 Hands Hot To Trot Red Blend 2012 – Gallopingly Good
- Columbia Crest Grand Estates Merlot 2012 – Extremely Tasty
- Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc + Viognier 2013 – Our #1 Ranked White Wine
- Avalon Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 – Fit For A King, Priced For A Pauper
- Vidal-Fleury Cotes du Rhone Rouge 2011 – Another Rhone Valley Value
- Plus any other wine Marketview sells!
The 2010 Wente Reliz Creek Pinot Noir begins with very pleasant aromas of black cherry, red cherry, strawberry, cola, oak, a little vanilla and touches of cinnamon. Tasting the wine reveals similar flavors to the nose with lots of cola and oak and a little smoke. This medium-bodied wine ends dry and dusty with good length and lingering vanilla and oak notes. If you’re going the traditional Pinot Noir pairing this Thanksgiving, this is certainly a solid choice.
Overall Rating: 7.8
Don’t Miss A Recommended Buy! Subscribe to our daily email to get The Reverse Wine Snob in your inbox. You can now also PRE-ORDER my book an Amazon: Reverse Wine Snob: How to Buy and Drink Great Wine without Breaking the Bank!