Holiday Sparklers 2012
100% Prosecco from Friuli, Italy.
SRP of $17 and available for as low as $13. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
“Inspired by the Latin verb to promise, to vow, Voveti is a unique marriage between the viticulture of northern Italy’s most acclaimed Prosecco regions – reaching westward to Veneto, and the superb wine-making of eastern Friuli-Venezia (D.O.C.). Here, a gentle-handed art crafts Italy’s most treasured white wines. With over 100 years of family winemaking expertise, we present the promise of Voveti, an ethereal bond of freshness, elegance and delectable depth.
Aromas: honeysuckle, orange blossom
Flavors: ripe peach, baked apple tart
Foods: spring salad, seared scallops, prosciutto with melon
As we mentioned in the 90 Plus Cellars Sparkling Rosé review Prosecco has seen a huge increase in popularity in the U.S. in the last decade. Most of this can be attributed to its low price which has helped to position it as a cheap alternative to Champagne. After all if that cool French sparkling wine is too expensive, a cool Italian sparkling wine will do just as well, and maybe even better! Being rather simple, yet delicious, and a good match for many foods certainly helps too, although that’s true for a lot of inexpensive sparkling wine. In any case, today we have a nice Prosecco from Friuli.
The Voveti Prosecco begins with pleasant aromas of honeysuckle, apple and just a bit of fresh baked bread. This nicely balanced wine tastes light and crisp and has lots of bubbles. The primary flavors are apple, pear, a little melon and peach. It ends with a nice, refreshing finish. This is one easy to drink sparkler and at only 11% alcohol it’ll be OK if you just can’t resist having one more glass.
Other wines in the Holiday Sparklers 2012 series:
- Le Grand Courtage Blanc De Blancs Brut – Holiday Sparklers 2012
- 90 Plus Cellars Lot 49 Sparkling Rosé – Beautiful (Pink) Bubbles.
- Douglas Green The Beach House Sparkling Wine – A Sweet and Fruity Holiday Sparkler.
- Segura Viudas Reserva Heredad Cava – A Holiday Sparkler Sure To Impress
- Freixenet Elyssia Gran Cuvee Brut – Champagne By Another Name
- Cantine Maschio Prosecco Brut – Nutty, Fruity and Good. Holiday Sparklers 2012.
- Enza Prosecco – A Festive Holiday Sparkler!
- Anna de Codorniu Cava Brut – Crazy for Cava
- Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Pink Moscato – A Super Sweet Holiday Sparkler
Also check out the 12 recommended sparkling wines from last year’s series!
Overall Rating: 7.5
Like The Reverse Wine Snob on Facebook!