SRP of $15 and available for as low as $9. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
"Anna de Codorniu is a pure, lively sparkling wine. Celebrating the life of the heiress to Spain's original winemaking dynasty, Codorniu, it is produced authentically, "Methode Traditionelle", using only our finest, estate-grown fruit. Well balanced and refreshing, featuring delicate aromas of tropical fruit, citrus and pineapple followed by bright flavors of peach, apple and lime. Great match for seafood!
If you are a Reverse Wine Snob like me then you probably already know this, but Spain rocks. Whether it be ridiculously cheap old vine Garnacha, delicious age-worthy Tempranillo, crisp andfresh whites, or even sparkling wine that is a fraction of the cost of Champagne (and usually just as good), there is an endless supply of excellent, inexpensive wine coming out of Spain. Today's Cava is no different.
The Anna de Codorniu Cava Brut begins with a delicate aroma of apple, tropical fruit, orange blossom and a hint of vanilla. The wine tastes really delicious with deep flavors of apple, citrus, lots of lime and just a bit of biscuit. It also has a very nice mouthfeel with good bubbles, good acidity and a lightly creamy texture. It ends with persistent notes of zesty lime and a little pineapple. Excellent!
Other wines in the Holiday Sparklers 2012 series:
- Le Grand Courtage Blanc De Blancs Brut - Holiday Sparklers 2012
- 90 Plus Cellars Lot 49 Sparkling Rosé - Beautiful (Pink) Bubbles.
- Douglas Green The Beach House Sparkling Wine - A Sweet and Fruity Holiday Sparkler.
- Vovetti Prosecco - A Popular Italian Sparkler
- Segura Viudas Reserva Heredad Cava - A Holiday Sparkler Sure To Impress
- Freixenet Elyssia Gran Cuvee Brut - Champagne By Another Name
- Enza Prosecco - A Festive Holiday Sparkler!
- Cantine Maschio Prosecco Brut - Nutty, Fruity and Good. Holiday Sparklers 2012.
- Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Pink Moscato - A Super Sweet Holiday Sparkler
See a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.