Bring the beach to your house this Holiday.
SRP of $11 and available for $10. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
“Lose yourself in the carefree fun and fruity sparkle of the beachhouse. A beautiful uncomplicated bubbly that will lift your spirits and restore your soul with zesty citrus and fragrant floral flavours and aromas best enjoyed ice cold.
Today we have another Beach House wine from Douglas Green, a line of wines that we have have found to deliver tremendous value for the dollar. A quick recap of the other Beach House wines we’ve enjoyed to date:
- 2011 Douglas Green The Beach House Rosé – The Fruits of Summer
- 2010 Douglas Green The Beach House White – Pairs Well With Summer
- 2010 Douglas Green The Beach House Red – A Savory and Spicy Summer Sipper
- 2011 Douglas Green The Beach House Pinot Grigio – A Classic Pinot Grigio
So it was with excitement that we broke open this bubbly for our Holiday Sparklers 2012 series! I was also intrigued by the blend of 80% Chenin Blanc, a variety we’ve been touting to all the Chardonnay lovers out there, and 20% Gewürztraminer. Let’s see how it measures up…
The Douglas Green The Beach House Sparkling Wine begins with a nice but subdued bouquet of citrus and floral (honeysuckle) notes that gains more expression after a few minutes in the glass. Tasting the wine reveals sweet and fruity bubbles featuring lots of lemon/lime, honey, pear and apple with zesty highlights. This wine is sure to be a crowd pleaser and I found it to be a great match for my home made Chex Mix. An added bonus is that at only 8% alcohol you can enjoy a glass with your salty snacks and still freely partake of more wine with dinner. Cheers!
Other wines in the Holiday Sparklers 2012 series:
- Le Grand Courtage Blanc De Blancs Brut
- 90 Plus Cellars Lot 49 Sparkling Rosé – Beautiful (Pink) Bubbles.
- Vovetti Prosecco – A Popular Italian Sparkler
- Segura Viudas Reserva Heredad Cava – A Holiday Sparkler Sure To Impress
- Freixenet Elyssia Gran Cuvee Brut – Champagne By Another Name
- Cantine Maschio Prosecco Brut – Nutty, Fruity and Good. Holiday Sparklers 2012.
- Enza Prosecco – A Festive Holiday Sparkler!
- Anna de Codorniu Cava Brut – Crazy for Cava
- Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Pink Moscato – A Super Sweet Holiday Sparkler
Also check out the 12 recommended sparkling wines from last year’s series!
See a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.