Muscat of Alexandria (aka Zibibbo) with a splash of Shiraz sparkling wine from South Australia.
SRP of $12 and available for as low as $10. Sample submitted for review.
From the bottle:
"Zibibbo is one of the traditional 'Moscato' varieties and produces fresh lively wines with lifted fresh fruit and spice aromas in this pink sparkling wine. The effervescence provides a sparkle for the mouth and fills it with mouth watering strawberry like flavours and a sweet, luscious finish. Zibibbo is great on its own or with soft cheeses and seasonal fruit. Serve chilled.
Angove wines are sourced from premium vineyards across South Australia. Through a process of selective blending all of our wines emphasize the heritage, tradition, integrity, passion and vision that is Angove Family Winemakers.
We're almost complete with this year's series on sparkling wine but before we wrap things up we have just a couple more selections for your New Year's Eve celebration, beginning with today's sparkling Moscato. Much like the 90 Plus Cellars Lot 49 the Zibibbo gets its color from a splash of red wine, in this case Shiraz. However, unlike the Lot 49 today's selection is all about being sweet.
The Angove Family Winemakers Zibibbo Sparkling Pink Moscato begins with abundant aromas of sweet fruit, mainly strawberry and lemon/lime plus some pleasant floral notes. Tasting the wine reveals lots of syrupy sweet lemon/lime, strawberry and raspberry flavors along with light bubbles. Somehow the wine stays nicely crisp despite all the sweetness. It ends with good length and sweet red berry flavors that linger a long time. A great wine for all the Moscato lovers out there!
Other wines in the Holiday Sparklers 2012 series:
- Le Grand Courtage Blanc De Blancs Brut - Holiday Sparklers 2012
- 90 Plus Cellars Lot 49 Sparkling Rosé - Beautiful (Pink) Bubbles.
- Douglas Green The Beach House Sparkling Wine - A Sweet and Fruity Holiday Sparkler.
- Vovetti Prosecco - A Popular Italian Sparkler
- Segura Viudas Reserva Heredad Cava - A Holiday Sparkler Sure To Impress
- Freixenet Elyssia Gran Cuvee Brut - Champagne By Another Name
- Enza Prosecco - A Festive Holiday Sparkler!
- Cantine Maschio Prosecco Brut - Nutty, Fruity and Good. Holiday Sparklers 2012.
- Anna de Codorniu Cava Brut - Crazy for Cava
See a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.
Overall Rating: 7.3
Find out more about my rating system and check out the Wine Ranking to find all my reviews! You can sort by type of wine, cost, rating, etc. in the interactive database.
Like The Reverse Wine Snob on Facebook!