100% Sangiovese from Tuscany, Italy. Made with organic grapes.
SRP of $15 and available for as low as $12 for a 1 Liter Tetra Pak. Sample submitted for review.
From the box:
“This wine expresses the classic qualities of Italian Sangiovese – intense ruby red with hints of purple; aromas of cherry and red plums, and spice; on the palate it’s fresh and fruity, medium-bodied and well balanced, with a juicy acidity and a long finish.
As a winemaker I was drawn to Italy out of a love for Sangiovese, Tuscany and the distinctiveness of Italian wines. Enjoy this delicious ready to drink Sangiovese, in an environmentally conscious package, from vineyards farmed organically by passionate growers!
OK, perhaps a bit of a cheat today in our box wine series as this selection only comes in a 1 Liter Tetra Pak and not a 3L box like the others we’ve featured, but the Tetra Pak offers many of the same advantages so we decided it has a place in this series. (Plus, it’s just darn tasty wine.)
The 2012 Fuori Strada Off Road Sangiovese begins with a fabulous bouquet of red cherry, plum and spice. The medium-bodied wine tastes really delicious and features nice, ripe, fresh and juicy red and black cherry fruit with good touches of spice. The finish is dry, fruity, spicy and long. Overall this is an excellent, easy drinking wine that tastes just like a good Chianti. With nice acidity as well, it’s a great pick for pizza night.
Recommended selections in our series on The Best Box Wines:
- Vinchio-Vaglio Serra Piemonte Barbera
- Big House White Blend
- Alain Jaume & Fils Grand Veneur Cotes du Rhone Reserve
- Black Box Platinum Central Coast Cabernet Sauvignon
- Esporao Alandra White
- Vina Borgia Garnacha
- The Original House Wine Riesling
- Esporao Alandra Red
- La Petite Frog Picpoul De Pinet
- Pepperwood Grove The Big Green Box Pinot Noir
- Target Wine Cube Sauvignon Blanc
- La Vieille Ferme Vin Rouge
- Duca Del Frassino Garganega/Pinot Grigio
- Wineberry Domaine de Garrigon Cotes du Rhone
- Lieb Cellars Bridge Lane White Blend
- Fuori Strada Off Road Sangiovese
- Jack Tone Vineyards White Blend
- See the full list of all 75 boxes considered here.
See a listing of local retailers selling this wine here.
Overall Rating: 7.8
Don’t Miss A Recommended Buy! Subscribe to our daily email to get The Reverse Wine Snob in your inbox. You can now also PRE-ORDER my book an Amazon: Reverse Wine Snob: How to Buy and Drink Great Wine without Breaking the Bank!